Tax deductible receipting for Australian charities
If you are raising funds for a deductible gift recipient (DGR) endorsed charities in Australia, Chuffed.org can issue tax deductible receipts on your behalf for your donors. For non-DGR charities, and other organisation types, we do issue receipts to all donors, but these won't be eligible for tax deduction.
To set up tax deductible receipting
1. Log into your Chuffed.org account here
2. Click on "Edit my campaign"
3. In the Setup section, click on "1. Basics"
4. In the Basics section, click that you are "Raising Funds For An Organisation / Group" and type in the name of the organisation that you're raising money for. You may see a drop down to create a new organisation with that name - click on this drop down.
5. Next, in the Setup menu, click on "6. Customize"
6. Scroll to the "Does your organisation have deductible gift recipient (DGR) status" question. Tick the tick box and enter your ABN. We need your ABN for the
7. Click on "Save"
You're now all set. When a donor makes a donation to your campaign from this point on, they'll receive a receipt that meets the Australian Tax Office requirements for tax deductible receipts.
It will look something like this: