Adding Fundraisers to your page
Adding "Fundraisers" to your team is a new concept that blends the best of peer-to-peer fundraising with crowdfunding. The "Fundraisers" option lets you set up a normal crowdfunding campaign with several sub-campaigns for each of these specific team members below it. That means everyone listed as a fundraiser gets their own page, which all sum up to the total on the main page.
Check out an example here: www.chuffed.org/project/the-welcome-dinner-project/
Who are "Fundraisers" best for?
We think this option is perfect for individuals, not-for-profits and social enterprises who:
- Are worried that they don’t have a big enough audience to launch a crowdfunding campaign
- Want to leverage their supporters’ audiences to get noticed
- Are keen to be innovative with their fundraising
Having more fundraisers is a great way to raise more funds for a project. Having one person who is passionate about a cause is great. But imagine having 5 people doing the same thing. We call these people “True Believers”. If you have a limited amount of time, a campaign team is a surefire way to increase your reach, your audience, and the potential target you can hit. The best way to do this is to gather your team a few weeks before you launch a campaign. You can target people specifically, but also put out a message to all of your networks. You may find you get core believers that you didn’t expect!
You can either create fundraiser pages for people, or give people the option to do this themselves.
To create fundraiser pages manually:
- Login to your Chuffed.org account
- Go to “5.People"
3. Select the "Fundraisers option on the left hand side.
4. Click the "Add Fundraiser" option and set up the page. If you use the "Visitors sign up as fundraisers option", them people can create their own fundraiser pages.
5. Once the fundraiser's details are filled out, fundraisers will be sent an email with login details and more information. All funds will go to this main campaign and fundraisers do not have access to change any payment details.
Ca I add offline donations to individual fundraisers?
Sure! You can do this by doing the following:
- Login to your account
- Under the manage tab, scroll to your "Offline Donations".
- Once there, click on the label for the parent campaign
- Choose the individual fundraiser you want to assign the funds to.