Eligibility: What types of campaigns does Chuffed.org accept?
We have three tests on the type of campaigns we accept:
- Is it for a social purpose that fits into one of our eight categories (Social Enterprise, Refugees and Asylum Seekers, Health and Disability, Community, Environment, International Development, Animal Welfare or Social Welfare)? We use a common-sense definition of "social purpose"
- Is it a 'project' or 'event' that has a finite outcome?
- Is it run by a real person or organisation, who is over 13 years old and has a bank account in one of our supported countries?
We do not think that your legal structure has any bearing on your ability to do good in the world, so we accept campaigns from individuals, social enterprises, not-for-profits, for-profit commercial organisations and community groups, as long as they meet the criteria above.
Note that while we do accept social cause campaigns from religious organisations, we don't accept campaigns that are explicitly about promoting any particular religion.
What types of campaigns don't we accept?
- Campaigns whose main purpose is to promote any particular religion or atheism. This includes mission trips, mission schools and building funds for religious buildings that don't have historical significance
- Personal campaigns for yourself or for non-social purposes. If you're fundraising for your holiday, car, personal situation, we generally won't accept your campaign. However if you're fundraising for a friend, family member or colleague in need, then we're happy for those campaigns to run on Chuffed.org
- Family custody disputes
I'm not sure if my campaign would fit on Chuffed.org. What do I do?
If you're not sure if your idea fits, get in touch with us via our Contact Form: https://chuffed.org/contact-us